IPocket Draw will not open

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Rob Lanlwyd

IPocket Draw will not open

Post by Rob Lanlwyd »

I am using iPocket Draw on a 10.5” iPadPro with the latest version of iOS11. The last time I used the app I was working on a drawing with a lot of lines. It saved OK but now I can’t restart the app. I get the opening page come up, it stays on the screen for about 15-20 seconds and then the app just closes down. I have tried shutting down and rebooting the iPad but that hasn’t helped. I’d rather not delete the app and reinstall it as I will lose the files on the iPad. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Eric Pousse

Re: IPocket Draw will not open

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Rob,

It is possible that the file is corrupted.
Do you have a Mac with iTunes?
If yes, you can use it to save the file on which you was working on your Mac and after, delete it from your iPad always with iTunes.
After the file will be deleted from your iPad, I think you can again worked with iPocket Draw.
If you want, I can tried to recover your file saved on your Mac, just send it to me by mail.

If you are on Windows, I think that iTunes on Windows has the same possibilities.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
Rob Lanlwyd

Post by Rob Lanlwyd »

Hi Eric,ync

Thanks for that. I have a PC running Windows 10. I’ll sync my iPad and see what I can find. I’m not too bothered to recover the file I was working on. I was more concerned about all the other files. I usually save everything I do to Dropbox but there’s always one or two I forget to backup.
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Rob,

When your iPad is connected to your PC, launch iTunes, select your iPad on the window of iTunes and select "File sharing".
This displays a list of apps which have documents.
Select iPocket Draw and you will have the list of the files saved with iPocket Draw.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
Rob Lanlwyd

Post by Rob Lanlwyd »

I managed to delete the file on the iPad but the app will still not open. I have saved all the other files too so, unless you have any other ideas, I suppose I shall have to reinstall the app.
Rob Lanlwyd

Post by Rob Lanlwyd »

STOP PRESS I fixed it. I thought it might be having trouble opening a file that wasn’t there so I tried transfering a file from my Dropbox into iPocket Draw and it opened up successfully. It seems to be working fine now thanks.

Rob
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

OK Rob !

If you have saved the file which causes the crash, can you send it to me?
I would like to see what was causing the crash.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
Rob Lanlwyd

Post by Rob Lanlwyd »

Hi again,

I have deleted the iPocket file but I can tell you quite a bit about it and I have a .pdf file of the design. I was building a sort of Fractal from the base up using a pentagram as the basic element, duplicating it and attaching it then to five other pentagrams. With the repeated duplications I very quickly ended up with about 70000 lines in the drawing. My iPad was starting to struggle updating the image! When I had got the drawing about as big as the iPad could handle I exported it as a .pdf file to an app called Graphic. That was the last thing I did so I guess that’s when the problem arose. It’s that image I can send you if you want but I will need an email address as the attachment function here is objecting to my file name for some reason.

Regards

Rob
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Rob,

My email is : eric at adx-online.com

Thanks.
Eric Pousse