New beta

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Eric Pousse

New beta

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

A new beta version is available : RealCADD 4.51b10

This new version adds the possibility to have the texts of dimensions centered on the line or under the line.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: New beta

Post by debenriver »

Love it!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers -- George
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

Thank you!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

Today it is not a new beta but, I hope, the final version of RealCADD 4.60 that I propose to be tested.

For Mac OS X, carbon version : RealCADD460_carbon.zip

For Mac OS X, cocoa version : RealCADD460_cocoa.zip

For Windows : RealCADD460_windows.zip

George, the new feature to select the datas in the Edit pallet works only with the Mac OS X cocoa version.

Thank you for testing it !
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Good morning Eric!

And a new logo too!

I've noticed one or two things with 4.60:

The shortcuts for Action >> Move forward and Action >> Move backward don't seem to work (I don't think they worked in 4.51b9/b10 either.) They work fine when you click them - just the shortcuts not working.

The shortcuts for Action >> Apply attributes (⌥A) and Action >> Resize (⌥⌘E) don't seem to be working either. Also I have lots of custom keyboard shortcuts (via System Preferences) and none of those using the ⌥ (Option) key will work now. So I'm wondering if it is something to do with implementation of the ⌥ key – but there are other shortcuts (⌥⌘B, ⌥⌘F, ⌥⌘P, ⌥⌘L) that work just fine, so that doesn't really make sense ... I hope you can fix this as I want my shortcuts back!!!

The new copy Edit data: I can select and copy it but there is nothing to paste – so it doesn't seem to be going on to the clipboard? Or am I doing something wrong? I downloaded the Cocoa version.

I like the the Mouse position window can now be moved – I think that makes it much more useful :D

And it's nice to be able to select symbols directly from the Action menu – I find I use technical symbols quite a lot on drawings. I haven't tried to see what happens with dictation ... be great if I could dictate a whole drawing ... :mrgreen:

I will update the manual to include the new features.

Cheers -- George

Edit: I also downloaded the Carbon version and all the ⌥ shortcuts worked fine – both the standard ones and my custom ones.
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George
debenriver wrote:And a new logo too!
It is the logo of iPocket Draw.
debenriver wrote:The shortcuts for Action >> Move forward and Action >> Move backward don't seem to work (I don't think they worked in 4.51b9/b10 either.) They work fine when you click them - just the shortcuts not working.

The shortcuts for Action >> Apply attributes (⌥A) and Action >> Resize (⌥⌘E) don't seem to be working either. Also I have lots of custom keyboard shortcuts (via System Preferences) and none of those using the ⌥ (Option) key will work now. So I'm wondering if it is something to do with implementation of the ⌥ key – but there are other shortcuts (⌥⌘B, ⌥⌘F, ⌥⌘P, ⌥⌘L) that work just fine, so that doesn't really make sense ... I hope you can fix this as I want my shortcuts back!!!
Strange, I think that sometimes they don't work and sometimes they work.
I don't find why and how exactly reproduce this ?!
I search.
debenriver wrote:The new copy Edit data: I can select and copy it but there is nothing to paste – so it doesn't seem to be going on to the clipboard? Or am I doing something wrong? I downloaded the Cocoa version.
Sorry, you can only copy the data with a right click on the mouse.
If you do Edit -> Copy, you copy the selected object(s).
debenriver wrote:I like the the Mouse position window can now be moved – I think that makes it much more useful
She was always movable. Perhaps its title bar was outside the screen...
debenriver wrote:And it's nice to be able to select symbols directly from the Action menu
I don't understand ?

Thank you very much George.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric
It is the logo of iPocket Draw.
Right. Makes sense to have them the same. I'll change the image in the manual.
Strange, I think that sometimes they don't work and sometimes they work.
I don't find why and how exactly reproduce this ?!
I search.
Apart from the move backward and move forward shortcuts, they all worked OK on 4.51. And my custom System Preferences shortcuts all worked flawlessly.

For example I had ⌥B mapped to Action->Align->Bottom (and ⌥T for Top, ⌥R for Right, ⌥L for left) . I changed that to ⌥↓ (and ⌥↑, ⌥→, ⌥←) and they will work BUT sometimes you have to simply click the Action menu first – you don't have to select anything, just single-click Action. Then they will work and go on working until you do something else – after which you may have to click Action again. It's as if they don't always map through the Action part of the menu.

Actually Resize ⌥⌘E seems to be working now! But not Apply attributes ⌥A. I changed this in System Preferences to ⌥⌘A and the shortcut works.

Which perhaps suggests that ⌥ plus a single letter key is the problem.

I tested this with my Align shortcuts. And ⌥⌘T (Top) and ⌥⌘R (Right) seem to work OK. Can't do ⌥⌘L or ⌥⌘B because they're already taken!
Sorry, you can only copy the data with a right click on the mouse.
OK - got it now :mrgreen:
She was always movable. Perhaps its title bar was outside the screen...
Ok - I went back and tried – and finally I saw a tiny little black dot in the upper left corner, which lets you move it! How many years have I been using RealCADD ....
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 17.26.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 17.26.21.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 12119 times
The new Mouse position window is different and much easier to move. So all is good.
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 17.25.27.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 17.25.27.png (11.13 KiB) Viewed 12119 times
debenriver wrote:
And it's nice to be able to select symbols directly from the Action menu
Sorry they are at the bottom of the Edit menu - not the Action menu
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 18.33.51.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 18.33.51.png (43.71 KiB) Viewed 12119 times
Cheers -- george