Color picker

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Caddy

Color picker

Post by Caddy »

Good morning Eric

Ever since antiquity, sculptors have used colored materials and tints to give a lifelike quality…

As far as I’d learned to create technical drawings many years ago, without the aid of computers, there was no color, only black at parchment paper. Now with CAD we got a feeling to be near the paradise. There are a lot of possibilities to get drawings with colored items. And it’s useful to do so.

To color some items in RealCADD using some different colors is basically not a problem for me. I don’t need fifty shades of grey. Really not. But I need a reasonable way to use the same color, multiple times and a way to find it somewhere in between the fifty shades of color :) :) :)

The problem raises for me if I want to modify one item of a set of items they belong together. In this case I’ll loose my color information. After the modification is finished I want to return to the former color setting. How to do? If I’d used a color from the first column, then it's not a big deal. But if the former color was picked up somewhere in the middle? The current method should revised to become barrier-free.
Color RGB-Slider.png
Color RGB-Slider.png (16.53 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
The Photoshop app it’s one of the mostly used apps on the Mac and it becomes famous before it was ported to Windows. Photoshop uses the „eyedropper“ as a useful tool to get the color information from any point. Other apps use this tool too. I want to ask you for this tool as soon as possible. I’m in the situation to design something special and I want to know if the things fit together. Using color it's a fine method to do so. But now I feel falling back to the time before antiquity… Please Eric, please help.
eyedropper PS.png
eyedropper PS.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Bien cordialement
Hubert
Eric Pousse

Re: Color picker

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Hubert,

I don't use many colors in my drawings and when I print them, I do it in black and white.
I use the colors only to know on which layer are the objects.
So I have not worked deeply on the management of the colors.
What about an update of the colors pallet like this :
which indicates the RGB values of the color.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse