Urgent request how to work with scale

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Re: Urgent request how to work with scale

Post by debenriver »

Eric, Hubert
Theoretically, RealCADD asks to change the scale of objects to be paste (with or without ⌥) when the scale of the objects is different than the scale of the active layer.
I use this feature all the time without problems. But I don't check the "Through layers" box – I don't quite understand what it does :?: :?:

Hubert
Be happy, if you don’t have any problems with your DWGs.
Have you tried putting your DWG's through DWG-DXF Converter 1.40 (or similar)?

I export 2D shapes from MaxSurf (naval architecture program) at 1:1 DXF (DWG not available). Because my MaxSurf is old, the DXF format is old and I first have to run it through the converter (I make it DXF 2010). Then it imports into RealCADD perfectly, either at 1:1 or scaled.

I also import ClarisCad drawings – exporting them to DXF (DWG not available) using Claris Translator. Then I make them DXF 2010 with Converter. They come out quite well – some things are a bit odd (like arrows and dimensions), which is to be expected, but the important parts are good. The scale is always out by a factor of 2.54 (or a multiple of this), despite the fact that the originals were drawn in metric. I suspect this is something to do with either ClarisCad or the Claris Translator. I open them in RealCADD from the DXF at the scale I want (say 1:10) and then do a Resize (usually by 0.254) and then everything is good and really very accurate.

George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

George,
debenriver wrote:I use this feature all the time without problems. But I don't check the "Through layers" box – I don't quite understand what it does :?: :?:
When you copy and paste objects from a drawing to another, this feature allows you to paste objects in the new drawing on the same layers if they exist.
If some layers from source drawing don't exist on destination drawing, objects of this layers are pasted on the active layer.
Except if you check "Create missing layers".

Voilà.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

Got it!! Many thanks.

George

:D