What is the best CAD for Mac?

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
RockinHorse

What is the best CAD for Mac?

Post by RockinHorse »

Hi Eric

Now after two weeks of a trail period I’m really upset. There is no way to find a soft for CAD on the Mac which follows these conditions:
#1 - handy for operation
#2 - not so sophisticated like AutoCAD
#3 - have some feature to deal with DWG&DXF
#4 - has at least a good implementation
#5 - cost for license matches the possibilities of a hobbyist.

I would like to buy RealCADD, but there are some ’but’s. Here I am now while I’m looking for RealCADD:

#1: It’s very nice and handy to use. If there is any experience how to create a drawing (technical) there is a fast way to understand what stands behind RealCADD. Really that is what I feel - I’ve tried TurboCAD for Mac, CADintosh, HighDesign, MacDraft Pro, QCAD and some more. For me I'll give a very big point for RealCADD.

#2: There is another very big point for RealCADD, no need to tell more.

#3: With RealCADD I got the best results. OK, that’s another big point!

#4: This is my trouble. I’m from Germany and I love my language. And for useable expressions there is a need of good translations. Like that:
„Selection on all visible layers“ is originally translated into „Markierung auf allen sichtbaren Folien“! I would like to translate it into „Auswahl auf allen sichtbaren Layern“. That is just one example of many more. So, what can I do? For me it’s very easy to make changes in my private copy of the program! Ok, but by the next update I will loose my changes! That is not the way I want. Furthermore there are some more items to be improved. So there is no a big point.

#5: RealCADD is not the cheapest. From my point of view, there is no need to be the cheapest. And therefore again a very big point for RealCADD.

I would like to start resp. continue my drawings with RealCADD if I can decide to award a big point for #4. Yesterday I made my predecision to install Parallels on my Mac, if I’ll not have a solution up to the end of the week. Eric, now it’s your turn.
Eric Pousse

Re: What is the best CAD for Mac?

Post by Eric Pousse »

Thank you Hubert for your appreciations about RealCADD.

For the point 4, at a moment but some years ago a german user helped me to translate in german.
Now if some new sentences are not good in german (or in english), and if you or other propose to me better translation, of course I can modifie them.
Eric Pousse
Caddy

Post by Caddy »

Eric Pousse wrote:Thank you Hubert for your appreciations about RealCADD.

For the point 4, at a moment but some years ago a german user helped me to translate in german.
Now if some new sentences are not good in german (or in english), and if you or other propose to me better translation, of course I can modifie them.
Hi Eric
Thank you for your understanding. And don't be confused I changed my account and nickname.
A few minutes ago I made my final decision and I've made the payment by paypal for the Pro-license.

So far as I see I'll not have any problems with the existing translation into English. Because of that I'm able to understand the right meaning and can express it into a well german wording.

Greetings from Germany
Hubert
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

But if you have better translations, I can change them.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse