Font sizes

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Font sizes

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

Sometime would it be possible to have a bit more flexibility with font sizes? On many drawings at smaller scales (say less than 1:20) but with a lot of dimensioning, 9 is rather a large font, so I tend to use 6 point – otherwise the labels and dimensions overwhelm the drawing.

What might be good was if there were an Edit >> Text ... menu item where a user could set their favourite font sizes to appear in the text menu pane – in much the same way as you can set line thicknesses, arrows etc. For example, I would probably have 6, 8, 9 and 90 in my set, because they are what I use. Other users will set different sizes. I think 8 different sizes plus "other" as now is fine – it would just be good if they could be a personalised 8 instead of pre-set in the program.

I know you can select a different size now, but to have to do it each time you want to use text is a bit wearisome!

I don't know if you would also consider making it possible to apply Bold and Underline to individual words in a block of text, rather than the whole block having to be affected? Not terribly important, but often useful.

George
Eric Pousse

Re: Font sizes

Post by Eric Pousse »

George,

Good idea for the font sizes !
I will see if it is possible.

But to apply Bold and Underline to individual words in a block of text is not easy.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

The Bold and Underline is no big deal – it's not a word processor after all! I got used to it with ClarisCad, and it was handy, but in no way essential.

Font sizes would be nice!

George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

RealCADD 4.41b4 is available here

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »