Library

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Library

Post by debenriver »

Ok - we're on a roll with improvements!

I use the Library quite a lot for items that I have to draw regularly – nuts, bolts, blocks, outboards, toilets, sinks, stoves, people, etc etc etc.

The Library as it is is fine and moving objects from it with scaling is excellent.

What would be really nice would be if there were the possibility of adding new items to the Library directly from the open Library window – as it is you have to open the specific library drawing separately and it's located back down the folder hierarchy in the Applications folder.

Then when one draws something for the first time, you could add it to the relevant Library drawing right away, instead of having to navigate to the relevant library folder etc.

So – if we could have a little "Add" button on each library which allowed you to paste items into it – with the same scale function as taking things out, so that all objects on a particular library drawing were (or could be) at the same scale – this would be great!

And to make it 100% perfect, we could have a + sign to add a new library section (a new drawing in fact) ... and I suppose a trash bit to get rid of library items or library drawings complete – not so important really :D

George

PS – I've never quite worked out what the "..." bottom left really does :?:
Eric Pousse

Re: Library

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

The "..." is to choose the folder of the Library if RealCADD doesn't find it.

In iPocket Draw, the user can add drawings in a Library or add a new Library.
To add a new drawing in a library, we have to draw it, copy it, go in the library, tap on the + button and enter a name.

I can add the same thing in RealCADD.

Thank you.
Eric Pousse
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

Here is RealCADD4.41b2 : http://www.adx-online.com/RealCADD441b2.zip

With a button "+" on the library pallet and a new icon on the windows of drawing...

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Just what the doctor ordered Eric! Big improvement. Thank you :D

George
debenriver

Re: Library - minor bug

Post by debenriver »

When you paste a drawing into a folder in the library, the RealCADD >> About RealCadd menu item is replaced by the name of the library folder you pasted into:
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 07.29.49.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 07.29.49.png (30.09 KiB) Viewed 9528 times
which is quite funny!! :lol:

And I have just now noticed that you have modified the Script window so that it relates in size to the number of data boxes and has a Cancel button – excellent, thank you.

Georges