Script

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Script

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I use the new autosize line script to dimension all the time – very convenient. I added a fourth userinput so that you can specify units if wished (mm, ", ft etc) – don't often do this but a drawing came up where I needed to!

Code: Select all

Add_String(Format(s_l, userinput3) + userinput4, (Firstx + Lastx) / 2, (Firsty + Lasty) / 2 + s_t / 2, s_t, 1, False, False, False, 7, 0, userinput1, False, True, 0, 100, 100)
And an icon:
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 09.02.49.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 09.02.49.png (14.05 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
The script seems quite happy if userinput4 is empty (my default) – I'm assuming real basic is forgiving like this?

It's also very useful as a direct measuring tool while you are drawing and want to keep in mind distances between objects etc.

Like it a lot! :D

It would be nice if, from within a script, one had control over the window size and OK button location, so that a smaller window opened if required. The current window takes up a lot of space on the screen, though of course it disappears once you action the script, so it doesn't really matter. It would also be very good if the red "close" button was active – so that then when you hit a script by mistake (not uncommon!) you don't have to go through with it – just close the window again.

Cheers - George
Eric Pousse

Re: Script

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,
debenriver wrote:Like it a lot! :D
Very good!
debenriver wrote: It would be nice if, from within a script, one had control over the window size and OK button location, so that a smaller window opened if required. The current window takes up a lot of space on the screen, though of course it disappears once you action the script, so it doesn't really matter. It would also be very good if the red "close" button was active – so that then when you hit a script by mistake (not uncommon!) you don't have to go through with it – just close the window again.
Yes, actually the window is the same regardless of the number of "inserinput".
I can adapt its size according the number of "inserinput" and add a "Cancel" button.
Does this would be better for you like this?
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: Script

Post by debenriver »

Yes, actually the window is the same regardless of the number of "inserinput".
I can adapt its size according the number of "inserinput" and add a "Cancel" button.
Does this would be better for you like this?
That would be excellent!

It doesn't necessarily need a dedicated cancel button – just the standard Mac red close-window button top left made active would be fine – whichever is easier