Pasting anomaly again

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Pasting anomaly again

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

The pasting anomaly when you paste with ⌥⌘V (as per earlier post) also has another problem.

If you paste from a drawing with one scale to a drawing with a different scale, RealCADD very nicely asks you if you want to change the object to the scale of the second drawing – which is a great feature.

But if you paste using ⌥⌘V, though it still asks you if you want to re-scale, it doesn't do so – in fact it then doesn't paste at all – just the marquee stays fixed as per previous post and nothing else happens.

Cheers

George
Eric Pousse

Re: Pasting anomaly again

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George

I have prepared the final version of RealCADD 4.40 and I have uploaded it here : <http://www.adx-online.com/RealCADD440/> before your post.
But I think that this bug was fixed.
Can you try, please?

Thank you.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I downloaded 4.40 – there are two Mac versions available: maxi-10.6 and sup-10.6. Is there a difference?

The pasting anomaly doesn't seem to be totally fixed!

I drew a 100 x 100 square at 1:1 and copied and pasted it to a 1:10 drawing.

If you paste ⌘V and select Yes you get a perfect result – scaled square at 1:10, size 100 x 100

If you paste ⌘V and select No, the square remains at its 1:1 size, but the scale is now 1:10, dimensions 1000 x 1000

If you paste ⌥⌘V and select Yes the square scales but location isn't at the marquee – often it is off the screen (which is probably why I thought it wasn't pasting). You can only detect it by doing a Select All and seeing how many objects there are in the selection. Experimenting a bit, on a 1:1 to 1:10 paste it pastes off to the top and left of the marquee location, so if you move the marquee roughly to the middle of the drawing, then it disappears off the top left of the screen. If you paste the other way around, from 1:10 to 1:1, it pastes well to the bottom right of the marquee location, so you can usually find it but it is way off the drawing

If you ⌥⌘V and select No the square pastes properly at the marquee location, 1:1 size, but the scale is now 1:10, dimensions 1000 x 1000.

So the original ⌥⌘V anomaly (marquee frozen) is fixed but there is still a problem when you select Yes to rescale. ⌥⌘V works perfectly if the scale of both drawings is the same, so you don't get asked about rescaling.

Many thanks – George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Thank you George !

I have made some changes.
Can you try again please?
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Perfecto Eric!

Works just as it should :D

I tried both the 10.6 version and the >10.6 version (all on 10.10.1) and they are both good. I'm using the >10.6 version, which I assume is correct?

Good that it's sorted. Many thanks. George

PS Now I also understand maxi-10.6 and sup-10.6! I must be a bit dim ....