Windowshades

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Mikerosen

Windowshades

Post by Mikerosen »

Eric,
I'm working with scaling, and trying to better understand the Edit dialogue box. Is there a way to turn off the "windowshade" action, and have it remain open?

Thanks
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
debenriver

Re: Windowshades

Post by debenriver »

I don't think there is. Tools windows can be made to stay fully open at RealCADD >> Preferences >> General and uncheck Auto-retractable, but the print window has to be Cancelled or Ok'd in order to continue doing anything.

I know it's difficult – I tried TurboCAD for Mac (when I finally had to change from ClarisCad) and it draws everything at full size and then you scale when you want to print – I simply couldn't get along with that and I never could work out where I was – I'm so used to setting the scale before I start and then forgetting about it – so I do sympathise :D And I never use TurboCAD!
Mikerosen

Post by Mikerosen »

debenriver wrote:Tools windows can be made to stay fully open at RealCADD >> Preferences >> General and uncheck Auto-retractable,
Just what I wanted, thanks!
Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA, USA

Mac OS Ventura 13.1, iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Oh! I didn't read your post properly – I though you wanted the Print window to stay open – but on re-reading I see it is the Edit menu. So I'm glad to have been of help :D

Cheers - George