Transparency

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Transparency

Post by debenriver »

HI Eric

There seems to be something a little odd with transparency. If you fill an object (say a circle) and then set the transparency to, say, 10% – that works fine. But after that you can't set the transparency to anything but 10% – neither for the original objects or the new objects, or whatever the colour.

I haven't tested this exhaustively and I haven't tested it with lines.

Otherwise all seems great :D

George
debenriver

Re: Transparency

Post by debenriver »

Update: I think I'm wrong – as long as you select the transparency after you have selected the tool (say circle) but before you draw it, then everything is OK. What you can't do is to change the transparency once you have drawn an object, which is what I was trying to do :D
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

It is strange because I can do that.

Which system do you use?

Can someone else test this?

Thanks
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I realize that all I need to do is to click the Enter button! I was changing the transparency and then just clicking on the page.

My original problem was on a drawing that crashed and, after I retrieved it, the transparencies would not work properly. I can't replicate the problem now – in fact I can't remember which drawing it was! I find that crashes are very rare now.

So not a problem after all :D

Cheers - George

PS: I use a MacBook Air with 10.7.5 I do have 10.8.4 but haven't installed it yet (no time!)