Angular dimensions

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Angular dimensions

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

One other thing I have noticed:

Whatever you set preferences to (either general and dimensions), angular dimensions seem to display 4 figures of decimals, even with general and dimensions set to no decimal places – or indeed five or six decimal places.

Linear dimensions do exactly as they should do – dimensions display the number of decimal places you select under dimensions, regardless of the setting under general.

Cheers

George
Eric Pousse

Re: Angular dimensions

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

Yes something isn't logical.
In RealCADD -> Preferences -> Dimensions, I display only the preferences for linear dimensions.
Therefore, users can think that it's the same for angular dimensions but not.
You can see this if you call the preferences dialog from the dimension tools (linear and angular).
And with that, I have seen that the dialog for the preferences of the angular dimension tool has 2 menus which are not correctly placed.

Perhaps, I have to add the preferences of angular dimensions in RealCADD -> Preferences -> Dimensions.

Thanks George.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: Angular dimensions

Post by debenriver »

Oh! In all the time I have been using RealCADD I have never looked at the Tool >> Options for angular dimensions!! I think this probably comes under the heading of Operator Error :D. I had indeed assumed that they were set in the general Preferences >> Dimensions menu

Now I see it, it seems quite reasonable for it to be where it is, just as options for linear measurements are with its tool.

However it IS a bit confusing because linear dimensions can be set either in the Preferences >> Dimensions or in the Tool >> Options. And changing one changes the other. Whereas the only place to set the angular dimension options is in the Tool >> Options. It would really be more consistent to have angular dimension options in the Preferences >> Dimensions menu as well, then both linear and angular would be the same arrangement.

Many thanks Eric