RealCADD 4.21b4

Post by Eric Pousse »

Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: RealCADD 4.21b4

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

Just one thing I don't like!

The intersection attraction to a line seems to not be fully functional.

In previous versions when, for example, I drew a new line (L3) perpendicular from one line (L1) to a second line (L2) a little 's' cursor appeared when L3 exactly intersected L2 and it snapped to L2 exactly. So the length of L3 was exactly the distance between L1 and L2

Now there only seems to be a reliable exact intersection if L3 finds another intersection, the centre, or the end point, on L2 first. Then I can track along L2 and I see a little cursor symbol telling me I am accurately on L2 Otherwise L3 tends to go past L2 and then I have to trim it.

And if L2 isn't parallel to L1, then L3 has trouble intersecting exactly at all except at the end points and the centre point

Can you restore the old functionality and also retain the new. That would be good!

A minor point but the perpendicular cursor when you start L3 from L1 displays very uncertainly - it sort of flickers, sometimes to old cursor symbol and sometimes the new one. It seems to do the job accurately OK, so thats not a big problem. I personally preferred the old perpendicular and intersect ("s") cursors because they were very different from each other so you knew exactly what was happening - but that's not a big deal!

Cheers - George
kasper

Post by kasper »

Hello, It seems to me George is right. I didn't see the 's'-type cursor also, but I'm not sure I did totally understood Georges description. I'm also still learning the program and I haven't found/used all the functionality. The new functionally for stretching rectangles is really a great addition. Strange enough I was not able to get the normal tools-palette. George, are you on mac or win?

regards, Kasper
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Kasper

I probably didn't describe it very well – but I used to be able draw a line so that it finished exactly on another line (or rectangle etc) – and when it was exactly there a little 's' cursor appeared, so that I knew it was exactly there. Now it seems a bit uncertain and I don't get a good indication of when the line is there unless I track along the line I am drawing too, to a centre or end or another intersection, and then track back to where I want to be on it – I liked the little 's' cursor :)

I use Macs by the way. And I design sailboats.

George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Yes I will check this, thank you George.
Eric Pousse
kasper

Post by kasper »

I wonder if the 'y-positive switch' is allready there, or will this be for a later release? Or maybe it's in a different place...

regards Kasper
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

I think it would be in preferences and it isn't!!

Having worked with macs (and apples before that) for more than 30 years – it never bothers me. 000 is always top left, +x is rightwards and +y is down.

BUT I have to say that on ClarisCad (the iconic and now discontinued mac 2D CAD program) you could select for +y=up, and I did do that! So it will be nice to be able to do it on RealCADD. It took me a while to get used to -y being up. I think when we get it, I will change to +y is up and then get used to that again!

George