Translating from ClarisCAD (Mac)

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Translating from ClarisCAD (Mac)

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric – have you considered being able to import ClarisCAD drawings directly into RealCADD? Or is that very difficult to do?

I have many thousands of Claris drawings and at the moment, when I need to use one in RealCADD I use Claris Graphics Translator to translate them into DXF files and then open the DXF file in RealCADD. This works pretty well actually. The scale for my drawings comes out wrong (not sure why – my Claris drawings are metric, so are the RC ones) – I have to rescale the RealCADD drawing by 0.254, which is straightforward enough. Probably the Claris Translator works in inches somehow. The resulting RealCADD drawing is very usable – just some tidying up to do.

BUT - of course I can only do all this on a Mac that will run System 9, or Classic, or on Sheepshaver emulation on my intel Mac. Which is a bit worrying as machines that will run classic are getting old – and Sheepshaver, although good, does make the whole process a bit tedious!

But for any ex-Claris users out there: it is possible to get your drawings into RealCADD. The translator will translate MacDraw (which I started with way back!) and MacDrawII as well.
Eric Pousse

Re: Translating from ClarisCAD (Mac)

Post by Eric Pousse »

Excuse-me debenriver for the delay.
I thought I had already responded but no.

I have study this but the file format of ClarisCad files is not public.
So it is very complicated.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse