Arrows on arcs

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Arrows on arcs

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

Arrows on lines are the same colour as the line – but arrows on arcs seem to vary. Sometimes they are the same colour but mostly they are black, whatever colour the line of the arc is. Sometimes it is only the standard arrow, others like the blob, circle and slash are the right colour and sometimes all seem to be wrong.

A bit mysterious!

Cheers -- George

Edit: And today this was happening, even odder! What I wanted was a grey arc with a grey arrow ...

Nothing selected - grey arc, red arrow:
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.00.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.00.png (20.4 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
Red line selected - grey arc black arrow:
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.14.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.14.png (20.52 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
Arc selected - grey arc black arrow:
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.25.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 20.01.25.png (21.99 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: Arrows on arcs

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

Yes it is a bug.
I saw it when I begun to work on the next version of realCADD.
What I don't understand is how you can have a grey arc with a red arrow...
I will do an update to fix this and the order of the libraries.

Thanks.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Re: Arrows on arcs

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I think the grey arc with the red arrow must have been some sort of aberration – every time I selected the red line (with a red arrow), the arrow on the grey arc turned red!

I quit and restarted my computer as well – and that didn't happen any more at least! And I can't make it happen again. Odd that it just turned the arrow red and left the arc grey ...

Cheers -- George

EDIT: Actually I just drew arcs with different coloured arrows as follows: I drew a red arc and it had a red arrow (all good!). I changed the colour of the arc to green and the arrow stayed red! Then I drew a blue arc and it had a red arrow! In fact once it had got stuck like this, any arc I drew had a red arrow ... Then I drew a red line with a red arrow. I changed the colour of the line to yellow (with a yellow arrow quite correctly) – BUT the arrows on the blue and green arcs changed to yellow. In fact whatever colour I changed the line to, changed the colour of the arrows on the arcs.

SO ... to get my grey arc with a grey arrow, I drew a grey arc (with a black arrow). Then I drew a grey line (with a grey arrow). As soon as I deselected the grey line, the arrow on the arc changed to grey. Then I deleted the grey line. Job done :mrgreen:

I can repeat this OK

Cheers – George