Angle dimensions & crashes

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
debenriver

Angle dimensions & crashes

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

I can't seem to get an angular dimension between two lines at 5º or less. It just bongs at me. 5.01º and greater will produce an angular dimension. Doesn't seem to matter how far I separate the two lines (I though it might be something to do with insufficient space, but I don't think that is the case).

I also still get crashes from time to time – always (I think) when I mouse over the Edit pallet fairly fast.

And I get "RealCADD not responding" so I have to Force Quit, on a fairly regular basis if I try to find an endpoint on a polycurve – if I break the polycurve (Option-cmd-L) into lines then no problem. The polycurves in question are a shallow long open polygon – usually imported from elsewhere via dxf. I've learnt to break the curve up before attempting a snap – but every now and then I forget! It's not very important – just a bit frustrating at times.

I'm using the new 4.62, Cocoa.

Otherwise all is good :mrgreen:

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Re: Angle dimensions & crashes

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

Yes there is a minimal angle to use this tool and it is 5°.
I don't remember why I choose this value.
I made some tests and I think that I can put the limit to 1° but not less.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric

It's not really a problem now that I know it has a limitation; I have added a note about that into the manual.

I often use the angular dimension tool between two objects or groups if I need to rotate one to match the angle of the other so that I know the angle to rotate through – it's very quick and handy for that and saves a lot of maths ...

If it can reduce to 1º that would be nice of course :D

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,

RealCADD 4.63b1 is available.

This version fixes the bug on polygons with all points aligned when the attraction on Center is On and allows the use of the tool Angular dimension on angles down to 1°.

Thanks.
Cordialement.
Eric Pousse