Next version of RealCADD

2D CAD software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Eric Pousse

Re: Next version of RealCADD

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Georges,

For the "Annotation tool with polygon instead of 2 lines (if 2 lines)", it is because previously the polygons can't have arrow and therefore this tool used 2 lines, the first with the arrow and the second without. Now the 2 lines are replaced with a polygon.

Theoretically arrows from 4.80 files will be read by RealCADD 4.90 but for instant there is a bug. I am surprise because I have tested this and at one time that worked... I will upload a new beta.

Thanks
Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric
For the "Annotation tool with polygon instead of 2 lines (if 2 lines)", it is because previously the polygons can't have arrow and therefore this tool used 2 lines, the first with the arrow and the second without. Now the 2 lines are replaced with a polygon.
Now I understand! I thought I was missing something fancy that I could do :mrgreen:

Scripts & Arrows Script "ArrowLeft True or False" and "ArrowRight True or False" don't seem to recognize the new arrows – at least in my "Auto" script they don't :?

Cheers -- George

Edit Another thing with arrows I've just noticed. If you are using a filled arrow and you hit ⌘Z to undo something, then ALL the arrows on the drawing become unfilled. You don't have to be undoing a line with an arrow - undoing anything will do it. I'm using the filled arrow on the left. They turn into the unfilled version on the right.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.38.17.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.38.17.png (7.65 KiB) Viewed 12644 times
And - regarding scripts, my Auto script (which you made the basics of) draws a line with an arrow each end, with a number (the length of the line) superimposed over it with a white background and grouped. I experimented a bit. If you draw a line and superimpose a number over it and group them – you can still draw arrows on the ends of the line afterwards. But if you do the same thing and give the number a background colour – then you can't apply arrows afterwards. Perhaps this is why the script doesn't work? Actually it doesn't have to be a number – any filled object does the same thing.

The script is:

RCAD script
Georges_1
autoup.bmp
autodown.bmp
Font
Size
Format
Trailing text
Leading text

Helvetica
#

Dim s_x, s_y, s_l, s_t as double

Add_Line(Firstx, Firsty, Lastx, Lasty, 0.01, 7, False, True, True, 100)
s_x = Global_x(Firstx) - Global_x(Lastx)
s_y = Global_y(Firsty) - Global_y(Lasty)
s_l = sqrt(s_x * s_x + s_y * s_y)
s_t = val(userinput2)

Add_String(userinput5 + Format(s_l, userinput3) + userinput4, (Firstx + Lastx) / 2, (Firsty + Lasty) / 2 + s_t / 2, s_t, 1, False, False, False, 7, 0, userinput1, False, True, 0, 100, 100)

Cheers again -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonsoir,

RealCADD 4.90b2 is available.

I think that the reported bugs are fixed.

George, to draw lines with arrows in a script, it is not safe with Add_Line.
Therefore I have added a new method which can be called from a script to add arrow(s) to the last object.
So call Add_Line (or Arc) with ( , , , , , , , False, False, ) to add a new line without arrow (the 2 "False").
and just after call AddArrowAtLastObject(x , arrowAtBegin, arrowAtEnd) where x is the number of default arrow you want and arrowAtBegin and arrowAtEnd are True or False depending your choice.
If you want a different arrow at the beginning and at the end, you have to call 2 times AddArrowAtLastObject.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

George, to draw lines with arrows in a script, it is not safe with Add_Line.
Therefore I have added a new method which can be called from a script to add arrow(s) to the last object.
So call Add_Line (or Arc) with ( , , , , , , , False, False, ) to add a new line without arrow (the 2 "False").
and just after call AddArrowAtLastObject(x , arrowAtBegin, arrowAtEnd) where x is the number of default arrow you want and arrowAtBegin and arrowAtEnd are True or False depending your choice.
If you want a different arrow at the beginning and at the end, you have to call 2 times AddArrowAtLastObject.

Works like a dream Eric :mrgreen: -- Many thanks -- George

PS - I made it a userinput, so I can change the arrows if I want to!
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Hi Eric
I think that the reported bugs are fixed.
Something odd has happened with font sizes. To get 9 point you have to select 14 point from the Text pallet. And if I look at Edit >> Text sizes I have this
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 20.48.30.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 20.48.30.png (18.35 KiB) Viewed 12631 times
but the Text Pallet shows this
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 20.49.10.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 20.49.10.png (14.5 KiB) Viewed 12631 times

On earlier drawings if you select a piece of text size 9 point, it shows as 14 point in the Text pallet

And also - 4.90 is not showing arrows on drawings made prior to 4.90 (e.g. with 4.80) - they are just showing as plain lines, no arrows

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour George,
debenriver wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 am Something odd has happened with font sizes. To get 9 point you have to select 14 point from the Text pallet. And if I look at Edit >> Text sizes I have this
I will see that.
debenriver wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 am And also - 4.90 is not showing arrows on drawings made prior to 4.90 (e.g. with 4.80) - they are just showing as plain lines, no arrows
Theoretically 4.90b2 solves this problem... No ?

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
debenriver

Post by debenriver »

Good morning Eric
Theoretically 4.90b2 solves this problem... No ?
I am wrong - it does solve the problem. :mrgreen:

I was looking at drawings that I had opened with 4.90b1 and saved as working copies rather than the issued copy – so they got saved with no arrows. I was expecting 4.90b2 to magically restore the original arrows :geek: – but of course there was no way it could do that!

Cheers -- George
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

debenriver wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 am I was expecting 4.90b2 to magically restore the original arrows :geek: – but of course there was no way it could do that!
And if you open a 4.90 drawing with new arrows or different arrows at the beginning and at the end, RealCADD 4.80 will open the file with some differences but (theoretically) will open it.

Cordialement.
Eric Pousse
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

A new beta is available : RealCADD 4.90b3

Good tests!
Eric Pousse
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour,

Again, a new beta : RealCADD 4.90 b4

This version fixes last bug reports and addes the last feature requests...
Eric Pousse