Line color

2D CAD software for iPhone and iPad
Airczech

Line color

Post by Airczech »

With the default color set to black, I change the color of some lines in my drawing to red. When I reopen the file later, all the red lines are black again. What am I doing wrong?
Eric Pousse

Re: Line color

Post by Eric Pousse »

Bonjour Airczech,

Do you see them red when you change the color?
Can explain more?

I can't reproduce this.

Thanks
Eric Pousse
Airczech

Post by Airczech »

Yes, I change the line color to red and the lines stay red for as long as I'm working on that file. But when I close the file and re open the same file again, all the lines are black.
Airczech

Post by Airczech »

Ok, here is a more detailed description of the problem. I created a file with one original layer "Floorplan"
In this layer, I changed the color of some of the lines, I see the different colors, everything looks as it should. I save the file, quit the app, than, I open the file again and all my color settings are still there. So far, no problem. Than I create a new layer, I name it "Mechanical" I make it the active layer, visible, default color set to black.
I draw in this layer (Mechanical) and I change some of the lines color to red. I see the red lines, everything looks OK. I save the file by going to the File screen, than I close it, and quit the app. Than, I start the app again, the file opens, and on the layer Mechanical, all my red lines are now black! The layer Floorplan is still OK.
This time I make both layers visible, Floorplan is my active layer. I select individual lines, all on the layer Mechanical, and I change the color settings to various colors. Some are now red, some yellow, blue etc. I see the colors, everything looks fine. Again, I save, close, quit. Than I open the file again, and everything on the layer Mechanical is back to black! Layer Floorplan is still fine.
Now what?
Eric Pousse

Post by Eric Pousse »

Ok I see.

It is a bug.
Theoretically if you set a default color on a layer, you can't have objects with another color on the layer.

Thank you to point this to me.
Eric Pousse
Airczech

Post by Airczech »

Hi Eric, hopefully one of the next versions will have a fix for it. Its not a big problem for me. I used to work with Claris Cad long time after it has been discontinued. iPocket is very handy, nice app. Please keep up the good work!